Last week was a raining week in Jamaica and when it rains the tummy have special craves.
My craved was Tun-Cornmeal ….. let’s get started.
Ingridients 2 tbps Margarine 3 stalks escallion, chopped 1 onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, chopped 1 tbps scotch bonnet pepper, chopped 2 Tomatoes, chooped 2 cups Coconut Milk 5 cups water 1 lb Cornmeal 1 tbps salt
- Add margarine, add chopped escallion, onion, garlic, thyme and scotch bonnet pepper; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add Coconut milk, water, and salt – mix well; then bring to a boil.
- Remove 2 cups of the mixture from the saucepan – rest for later use.
- Slow mix cornmeal into the remaining liquid, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of mixture saucepan.
- Cook for 20 minutes to low flame while stirring constantly.
- Served as a side-dish with Steamed Fish
- Served as a side-dish with Stew Chicken
- Served as a side-dish with Jerk Pork
Don’t forget to share on social media with hashtag: #soulfoodwednesdayblog