On Wednesdays we will explore another side of me…… I will share some of my favorite recipes.
Put them on your shopping list for next week and share when you create your masterpiece.
I’m on the health side so this week we will be making:
Granny Smith Chocolate Crumb
Ingredients 1 1/4(ounce) bag chocolate chips (White/Dark) 2 Granny Smith apples 2 tablespoon lemon juice 2 Nature Valley crunchy granola bars
- Break chocolate and place into a heatproof bowl.
- Set over a pan of barely simmering water and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut both apples in half and remove the stem. Then use a spoon or melon baller to remove the seeds and core of the apples, leaving about 1/4 inch or so of apple flesh, to create the apple cup.
- Using a pastry brush, immediately brush the inside of the apple cup with lemon juice. Repeat with remaining apple slices.
- After the apples have rested for at least 2 minutes, use a paper towel to pat the insides of the apple cups dry.
- Crumb the granola bar.
- Pour the melted chocolate into each apple cup, and then sprinkle them with the granola crumbs. Serve immediately if you like the melted chocolate, or refrigerate them to let the chocolate harden again.
Share on social media with hashtag: #soulfoodwednesdayblog